Chicken Breast and Mushrooms in Wine
Recipe type: Entrees
A taste sensation with little effort. Your family will enjoy it with either pasta or rice. Easy to prepare.
- 1 to 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 whole chicken breast split
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ lb sliced or small whole mushrooms, washed and trimmed
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- Melt butter or margarine in skillet and brown the skin side of chicken.
- Turn chicken over add onions and saute for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is golden and onions are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to pan, pour in wine, scrapping any bits that are stuck on the bottom of the skillet.
- Cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken, onions and mushrooms to a warm platter.
- Cook the pan juices over high heat, stirring for a few minutes.
- Pour over the chicken mixture and serve at once.
Calories: 359 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 5g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 3g Sodium: 325mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 56g