Curried Chicken Salad
Author: Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
The chutney and curry add a touch of spiciness to this sweet chicken salad. Make ahead; Low fat.
- 1 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup mango chutney
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 small apples, diced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Combine mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and pepper in blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and toss until mixed.
- Pour dressing over chicken salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
Calories: 248 Fat: 31g Carbohydrates: 31g Sodium: 350mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 21g Cholesterol: 53mg