Diabetes is a dangerous and life-threatening disease. The best defense against diabetes and it’s significant complications is knowledge about the disease. Diabetes ABCs is the jumping off point for learning about diabetes, warning signs complications, creating goals for the self-care of diabetes, and ways to stay healthy.
- Diabetes Basics covers the bare minimum you should know about the disease. Including the warning signs and risk factors. Things you need to know to keep you and your family safe.
- You Have Diabetes – Learning you have diabetes is a scary time. But, lack of action when it comes to diabetes can result in worse consequences. This section provides a starting point for developing ways to care for yourself.
Our Get and Stay Healthy Section includes:
- Defeat Diabetes® Rules for Survival™ covers issues related to the complications of diabetes.
- Coping covers ways to cope with the disease.
- Get Moving provides you with information on ways to move and be physically active.
Eat to Defeat Diabetes® provides information about: