Grilled Steak and Parmesan Salad
Author: Meals Matter Kraft Recipies
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 pound Boneless sirloin
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 Medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 Medium yellow summer squash or zucchini, chopped
- ¼ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Various greens of choice--fresh spinach, romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce for example
- PLACE steak and ½ cup dressing in sealable plastic bag; seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 30 min. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- GRILL or broil steak 5-10 min. on each side or until cooked thru. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
- TOSS greens with tomatoes, squash and remaining ½ cup dressing. Place on serving platter. Top with steak slices; sprinkle with cheese.
Variation--grilled chicken and parmesan; prepare as above, substituting 4 boneless chicken breast halves for the sirloin steak.
Calories: 300 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 7.5g Sodium: 315mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 29g
Recipe by Defeat Diabetes Foundation at http://www.defeatdiabetes.org/grilled-steak-and-parmesan-salad/