Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 1½ lb. halibut fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cubed, peeled potatoes
- 1½ cups nonfat half-and-half
- ½ tsp. dried dill
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. crushed bay leaf
- 2½ cups water
- Pepper to taste
- Spray large soup pot or Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Pour vegetable broth into pot and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes, water, bay leaf, thyme and dill.
- Cover pot and cook over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish; simmer until fish is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Gradually stir in half-and half; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, but do not boil.
- Season with pepper.
- If not serving immediately, cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Calories: 221 Fat: 2.9g Carbohydrates: 20g Sodium: 117mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 27g Cholesterol: 37mg