Halibut Primavera with Couscous
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
This is an easy to prepare dish with plenty of veggies and a healthy grains. Low fat; Microwave cooking.
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1½ lb. halibut fillets
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 14½ oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook couscous according to directions; set aside.
- Arrange halibut fillets in a shallow microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and vent at one corner. Microwave on High 6 to 8 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from microwave, keep covered, and let stand while preparing remaining ingredients.
- Combine zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in microwave-safe baking dish; cover with plastic wrap and vent at one corner. Microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Pour tomatoes over top and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper; carefully stir to mix. Cover and vent at one corner; microwave on High 2 to 4 minutes, until vegetable mixture becomes thick; stir two to three times while cooking if microwave does not have a rotating dish.
- Place ½ cup couscous on each dinner plate; top with fish and cover with some sauce. Serve remaining sauce on side.
Calories: 334 Fat: 4.4g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 512mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 41g Cholesterol: 54mg