Hoisin Garlic Burgers
Author: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes Edited by Linda Eugene, R.D., C.D.E., Sue Spitler, and Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S.
Recipe type: Lunch
Cuisine: Asian inspired
Easy to prepare
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (about 2 medium)
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander or parsley
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In bowl combine beef, bread crumbs, green onions, coriander, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger root and egg, mix well. Make 4 to 5 burgers.
- In small bowl bowl whisk together water, hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Brush half of the sauce over top of burgers.
- Place on greased grill and barbecue, or place on rack on baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (or until no longer pink inside). Turn patties once and brush with remaining sauce
Calories: 292 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 10g Sodium: 305mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 21g Cholesterol: 100mg