Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salad
Author: Meals Matter; Pampered Chef
Recipe type: Entrees
The pork is seared on the stove top and finished in the oven while the salad is prepared for a sweet and spicy combination.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican Jerk Rub
- Mango Salad
- 2 green onions with tops, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 large mangoes
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Rub
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim fat and silver skin from pork and cut in half.
- Coat pork with jerk rub.
- Add oil to oven proof skillet and heat over medium high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering.
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning occasionally.
- Transfer pan to oven and roast 12-15 minutes or until thermometer registers 160°F for medium doneness.
- Carefully remove pan from oven using Oven Mitts; transfer pork to plate.
- Tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes (temperature will rise to 160°Ff71°C).
- Thinly slice green onions on a bias. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the tops for garnish.
- Place remaining green onions into bowl.
- Slice bell pepper into thin julienne strips.
- Peel and slice mangoes.
- Juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice.
- Combine onions, peppers, mango, lime juice and remaining 1 teaspoon jerk rub; toss thoroughly.
- To serve, slice pork crosswise into medallions and serve with salad.
- Garnish with reserved green onion tops.
Calories: 230 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1.5g Carbohydrates: 19g Sodium: 260mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 24g