Maple Walnut Apple Muffins
Author: Diabetes Comfort Food by Johanna Burkhard
Recipe type: Breads
This delicious muffin provides a touch of whole grains, fruit and omega threes. Easy to prepare.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup coarsely grated apple
- ⅔ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and walnuts.
- In another bowl, beat egg.
- Stir in oats, grated apple, maple syrup, yogurt and oil.
- Stir into flour mixture just until combined; do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared oven for 20 minutes or until tops are springy to the touch. Let muffins cool slightly; transfer to rack to cool.
Calories: 206 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 30g Sodium: 170mg Fiber: n/a Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 16mg