Pasta and Walnut Fruit Salad
Author: Meals Matter DCC, Walnut Marketing Board
Recipe type: Salads
Filling and sweet – a healthy, hearty and delicious boost of energy! Kids can help make it; Low Sodium; High Fiber.
- ½ (1-pound) package Medium shell macaroni
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain nonfat yogurt
- ¼ cup Frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can Juice-pack mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup Seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup Seedless green grapes, halved
- 1 Apple, cored and chopped
- ½ cup Sliced celery
- ½ cup Walnut halves
- Cook shells according to package directions; drain.
- In small bowl, blend yogurt and orange juice concentrate.
- In large bowl, combine shells and remaining ingredients.
- Add yogurt mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate.
Calories: 452 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 44g Sodium: 39mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 6g