Peanut Butter Pork Skewers
Author: Meals Matter; meals.com
Recipe type: Entrees
These skewers are a lower fat alternative to burgers at your next barbecue, and the combination of pork and peanuts is irresistible! Easy to prepare; Low Calorie.
- 1 unseasoned pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
- ¾ cup miso sesame dressing
- ⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (or to taste)
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 20 bamboo skewers
- Cut pork tenderloin in half crosswise. Slice each half lengthwise into ¼-inch thick pieces.
- Lay each piece flat on cutting surface and cut into pieces about 5x1x1/4 inch.
- Place pork in medium-size bowl; add ¼ cup of miso dressing and let stand 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- While pork marinates, soak bamboo skewers in cold water.
- Thread skewers with pork strips.
- Stir together remaining sesame dressing, peanut butter and hot pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium heat or heat broiler. Cook 2 minutes per side or until done and slightly crisped on edges.
- Toss pepper and scallions together; place on platter. Top with pork skewers and peanut miso sauce.
Cooking time–about 4-5 minutes is for each skewer.
Calories: 73 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 4g Sodium: 126mg Protein: 6g