Red Potato Salad with Chicken
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
Potato salad with a twist – hearty enough for a meal. Make ahead; Low fat.
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 1½ cups cubed, cooked low fat chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ cup nonfat sour cream
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup nonfat mayonnaise
- Celery seeds to taste
- 1½ teaspoons cider vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Place diced potatoes in saucepan; cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer just until potatoes are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard and pickle relish in medium bowl; mix well. Add remaining ingredients and potatoes; toss carefully until ingredients are well mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least several hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Calories: 196 Fat: 1.7g Carbohydrates: 31g Sodium: 176 Fiber: 3g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 26mg