Simply Divine Sole
Author: The Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
An easy and elegant sole dish that can even be cooked on a weeknight. Low fat; Low calories.
- 8.3 oz. sole fillets
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Combine wine, ¼ cup water, parsley, onions, and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place fillets in a single layer in a microwave-safe dish, with thickest parts toward the outside of the dish.
- Top the fillets with lemon slices and pour the wine mixture on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap; microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Move the outside pieces toward the center of the dish and continue cooking on high 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until fish turns opaque and flakes easily in the thickest part.
- Remove fish and lemon slices and pour the liquid into a glass bowl.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining ¼ cup water and stir into the hot liquid from fish.
- Microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly thickened, stirring several times during cooking. Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
Calories: 90 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 64mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 14g Cholesterol: 90mg