Author: Meals Matter Dairy Council of California
Recipe type: Entrees
Lots of strong flavors, use your best judgment if you or your family members tend to avoid spicy foods. Cardamom is a strong spice and is relatively pricey, a substitution of 1 tsp curry powder is also good with this recipe.
- 1 cup Plain nonfat yogurt
- ½ cup Lemon juice
- 5 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground cardamom
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 1 tsp Crushed hot red pepper flakes (for a milder flavor: ½ crushed red pepper flakes ½ chopped roasted red pepper)
- 6 Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cardamom, ginger and red pepper flakes in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Cut slashes in chicken and place in a shallow casserole dish.
- Add half of the yogurt mixture, reserving the remainder.
- Cover and chill for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray another shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove and drain chicken.
- Discard yogurt mixture in dish.
- Place chicken in prepared dish.
- Brush chicken with reserved yogurt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear when meat is pierced.
- Serve immediately.
**Leftovers are good in a casserole, chopped with rice and peas. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
Calories: 165 Fat: 1.9g Saturated fat: 0.5g Unsaturated fat: 0.5g Carbohydrates: 7.8g Sodium: 101mg Fiber: 1.2g Protein: 30g