Tropical Cheddar Pizza
Author: North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
Recipe type: Entrees
Individual pizzas made with Boboli crust and a savory sweet potato puree as a base produce an unusual offering at suppertime. Various toppings make this Boboli a refreshingly quick meal and a welcome change from a traditional pizza. You could also use plain foccacia bread for a similar result. Easy to prepare.
- 9 slices Canadian bacon (or lean ham)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices pineapple
- 4 – 6 inch Boboli ready made crust
- ½ cup mixed shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese
- Sweet Potato Base:
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Prepare the sweet potato base (may be done the day before). Peel sweet potatoes or quarter. Place in a medium saucepan with whole garlic cloves and water to cover. Bring to boil and simmer 10-15 minutes until softened.
- Drain and puree in food processor with butter, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large sauté pan lightly brown bacon slices.
- Remove to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Cut pineapple into similar sized triangles.
- Spread sweet potato puree evenly over Boboli crust and arrange pineapple and Canadian bacon pieces in a decorative pattern.
- Sprinkle cheese over Boboli.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Cut into wedges.
Calories: 326 Fat: 13g Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 2g Protein: 13g