Blueberry Buckwheat Bread
Author: America's Complete Diabetes Cookbook Edited by Katherine E. Younker, MBA, RD, Certified Diabetes Educator
Recipe type: Breads
A tasty dessert bread. Easy to prepare; Low in fat; Low in cholesterol
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1¼ cups plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, salt and zest.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat oil, eggs, yogurt and honey until combined.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in frozen blueberries. Spoon into lightly oiled pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 70 to 80 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
Calories: 158 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 28g Sodium: 181mg Fiber: n/a Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg