Braised Celery with Herbs
Author: Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™
Recipe type: Vegetables
The classic snacking and salad vegetable, served as a delicious cooked side dish!
- 1 small bunch celery, to yield at least 4 ½ cups sliced
- 2 ½ cups reduced-sodium canned chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon butter, for garnish
- 2 teaspoon chopped herbs, for garnish
- Cut celery stalks into diagonal slices about ¼-inch wide.
- In large saucepan, bring chicken broth to full boil over HIGH heat
- Add chopped onion with herbs and seasonings.
- Add sliced celery and return broth to simmer. Reduce heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until barely tender. Do not allow to lose full crispness.
- Drain immediately and place in a serving bowl.
- Toss with butter and additional herbs. Serve hot.
Calories: 33g Fat: 0.5g Saturated fat: 0.3g Carbohydrates: 6g Sodium: 401mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 1mg