Chicken Stuffed with Dried Fruits
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Entrees
Easy to prepare and the dried fruit add just a touch of sweetness to the dish. Cook with Kids!
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ lb prunes, soaked, pitted, and chopped
- ½ lb apricots, soaked and chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Clean and wash the chicken, and wipe it dry
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to pan and saute onions until soft and golden
- Add the chopped fruits and saute for a few minutes
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cinnamon
- Stuff the chicken with fruit mixture
- Sprinkle exterior with salt and pepper, and cinnamon
- Roast in preheated 350F - 1 to 11/2 hr
- Baste frequently with melted butter.
Serve the chicken with rice or vegetables.
Calories: 732 Fat: 33g Saturated fat: 11g Unsaturated fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 84g Sodium: 123mg Fiber: 10.5g Protein: 32g