Author: Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
This is a slightly sweet side dish with some added crunch from the pistachio nuts. Easy to prepare; Low sodium; Low cholesterol.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1½ cups cranberry juice cocktail, heated to a simmer
- 1 cup couscous
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- 2 scallions green parts only
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium saucepan add olive oil.
- Add the white onion, sweetened dried cranberries and pistachios, and saute gently over low heat until onion is translucent and slightly fragrant.
- Add the couscous and the warm cranberry juice cocktail.
- Stir with a fork to combine, cover.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the scallions.
- Fluff with fork.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Turn into serving dish.
- Serve hot
Calories: 40 Fat: 10.7g Saturated fat: 5.75g Carbohydrates: 70g Sugar: 28.5g Sodium: 31.25mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 7.2g Cholesterol: 0mg