Creole Mixed Salad Greens
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
A savory salad with a touch of bitterness. Easy to prepare; Low calorie; Low fat; Low cholesterol.
- 2 cups spinach leaves, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups endive leaves, cut in half
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups watercress leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups chicory greens, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup nonfat French salad dressing
- Combine greens, red onion, celery and tomatoes in large bowl and toss until mixed; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours.
- Just before serving, toss with French dressing.
Calories: 69 Fat: .4g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 272mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 2mg