Cucumbers and Onions with Garlic Yogurt
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Salads
An easy summer salad with non-traditional salad ingredients. Make ahead; Easy to prepare; Low calorie; Low fat.
- 3 large cucumbers, seeded and sliced
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- Pepper to taste
- Combine cucumbers and onion in medium bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender; puree until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture over cucumbers and onion; toss until coated. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight; toss before serving.
Calories: 54 Fat: .3g Carbohydrates: 0g Sodium: 33mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 1mg