Fat Free Matzo Balls
Author: Recipes For Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
Matzo balls freeze well and can be added to soup when ready for serving.
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup matzo meal
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried onions
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff.
- Fold in mixture of matzo meal and seasonings. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Form mixture into small balls. (You can spray the palms of your hands with cooking spray and water in order to keep balls from sticking.)
- Drop matzo balls into boiling water or soup.
- Cover pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
Calories: 36 Fat: 0.2g Carbohydrates: 7g Sodium: 22mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg