Fruit and Chicken Salad Stuffed Pitas
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Lunch
A great use for leftover chicken or supermarket deli roast chicken. The celery and water chestnuts add a nice crunch. It's perfect for an on-the-go lunch, too. Easy to prepare; Low fat.
- 2 cups cooked chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 cup red or green seedless grapes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped canned water chestnuts
- 8 oz. can pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cups nonfat ranch salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 Whole Wheat Pita
- Combine all ingredients except pita bread and lettuce in large bowl; mix until ingredients are blended.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, line pitas with lettuce, add chicken salad and wrap.
Calories: 252 Fat: 2.7g Carbohydrates: 39g Sodium: 490mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 17g Cholesterol: 35mg