Author: The Fat Free Living Family Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
Packed with fruit these pancakes are a healthy start to the weekend. Kids love it! low fat; low cholesterol
- 1⅓ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup mixed berry applesauce
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¾ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup sliced banana
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Combine egg substitute, yogurt and applesauce in a separate bowl; mix until blended smooth and creamy.
- Add to flour mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Combine blueberries, strawberries and banana in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 cup fruit mixture to pancake batter and mix lightly.
- Preheat oven to 200ºF. Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Lightly spray large nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Using ¼ cup measuring cup, pour batter into hot skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes until pancakes begin to brown on the bottom and bubble on the top. Carefully flip pancakes with spatula and cook until golden brown.
- Place cooked pancakes on baking sheet and keep warm in oven while preparing remaining batter.
- Combine remaining fruit and brown sugar in a food processor or blender; process until blended smooth.
- Serve fruit sauce with pancakes.
Calories: 269 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 58g Sodium: 224mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 1mg