Author: Recipes For Fat Free Living Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Vegetables
- ¾ cup water
- 8 medium carrots (peeled and sliced diagonally, ½ inch thick)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ⅓ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Bring water to boil in heavy 10 inch skillet.
- Add next six ingredients.
- Cover and simmer (liquid boiling gently) for 12 minutes.
- Add honey and lemon juice.
- On high heat, boil, until all liquid is gone and carrots are tender - about 5 minutes.
Calories: 85 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 21g Sodium: 52mg Fiber: 6.3g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg