Grilled Asian Shrimp Skewers with Pears
Author: Courtesy of Pear Bureau Northwest
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
Spicy, sweet and smoky this is a great quick dish for a summer barbeque. Easy to prepare; Low calorie; Low fat; Low sodium; Quick cooking time.
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 USA pears, cored, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 36 shrimp, peeled, de-veined, 31/40 count
- 1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 12, 1-inch squares
- 12 skewers
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- Arrange 3 cubes pear, 3 shrimp, 1 pepper square and 1 cherry tomato on each skewer.
- Place skewers in large shallow pan.
- Pour marinade over kabobs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Brush grill with oil. Preheat grill.
- Grill kabobs over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until shrimp is cooked.
Calories: 150 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 160mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 18g Cholesterol: 130mg