Author: The Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breads
An easy to make, low fat muffin with a little spice. Easy to prepare; Low fat.
- 1 cup lemon flavored fat free yogurt
- ⅓ cup apple butter
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2⅓ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- lemon flavored powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a large bowl, combine lemon yogurt, apple butter, egg substitute, sugar and lemon peel and mix until blended smooth.
- Add flour, ginger, baking soda and baking powder
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full and bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes and sprinkle tops with lemon flavored powdered sugar.
Calories: 170 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 39g Sodium: 675mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg