Mexican Scrambled Eggs
Author: America's Best Cookbook for Kids with Diabetes by Colleen Bartley
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
This dish can be prepared and wrapped to go for those hectic mornings. low fat; easy to prepare
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons 1% milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shredded lower-fat Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup diced red or green bell peppers
- 4-8 inch flour tortillas
- ¼ cup salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese, green onions and red and green peppers.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Stir gently with a spatula and, as in the egg sets, lift the cooked portions and allow the uncooked portions to flow underneath until all the egg is completely set.
- Spoon eggs into the center of the warm tortillas. Fold the tortillas over and serve with salsa, if desired.
Calories: 232 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 22g Sodium: 596mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 15g Cholesterol: 170mg