Mixed Baby Greens With Toasted Walnut Pear Dressing
Author: Meals Matter DCC
Recipe type: Salads
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Low Calorie; Low Sodium.
- 1 Medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- ½ tablespoon Walnut oil, optional
- 4 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Walnuts, toasted
- 1 Large fresh Bartlet pear, sliced thin
- 10 cups Torn mixed greens
- 1 ounce Gorgonzola cheese, optional
- Combine the shallot, olive oil, walnut oil, vinegar, mustard, and pepper.
- Mix until well blended in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Toast the walnuts in a toaster oven at 450 (be careful not to burn them).
- Add sliced pears to the oil-vinegar dressing.
- When ready to serve, toss together walnuts, baby greens, pear-mixture and cheese.
Calories: 97 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 6g Sodium: 102mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 2g