Potato Pancakes Latkes
Author: The Fat Free Living Cookbook From Around the World by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
Chanukah/Hanukkah is the traditional holiday to enjoy potato latkes.
- 3 cups shredded potatoes
- 3 large egg whites
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- 2¼ tbsp. flour
- 1½ tbsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 1½ cups lite applesauce (optional)
- Combine shredded potatoes with egg whites and egg substitute in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add flour, onion powder and pepper; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- Line baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Lightly spray nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Form potato mixture into ¼ inch thick patties.
- Add patties to skillet (about 3 at a time) and cook 5-6 minutes.
- Carefully flip patties and cook until both sides are browned and crisp.
- Remove patties and place on baking sheet. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining patties.
- Serve with applesauce, if desired.
Calories: 122 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 25g Sodium: 72mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg