Spicy Stuffed Shrimp
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
- 2 tbsp. wasabi powder
- 1½ to 2 tbsp. cold water
- 8 oz. pkg. nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 3 lbs. large shrimp, cooked, shells on
- Combine wasabi powder and water, mix to form a thick paste.
- Place cream cheese in a food processor; add wasabi mixture and process until smooth.
- Split shrimp down the center of the back, cutting almost all the way through.
- Using a small spoon fill the center of each with 1½ teaspoons cream cheese-wasabi mixture.
- Press sides together.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with additional wasabi paste, if desired.
Calories: 204 Fat: 2.9g Carbohydrates: 3g Sodium: 186mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 38g Cholesterol: 262mg