Author: Sensational Stevia Desserts By Lisa Jobs
Recipe type: Beverages
Stevia is a natural sweetener that is much sweeter than sugar. It's low in calories and carbs and is better for you than artificial sweeteners. At DDF we've grown it in our garden! Easy to prepare; Low fat; Kids love it.
- 8 oz. nonfat milk
- pinch to ⅛ tsp. stevia extract
- 3 Tbsp. silken or soft tofu
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 Tbsp. raw wheat germ
- Combine milk, stevia, tofu, fruit and wheat germ in blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately in large glasses.
- For added visual appeal, place fresh strawberry on side of glass.
- Variation I: Fruit Sensations Shake
- Replace banana and strawberries with the following: blueberries, raspberries, mangoes and blackberries, or a combination thereof for a fruit shake taste sensation.
- Variation II: Chocolate-Banana Shake
- Replace strawberries with 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder and add 1/16 to ⅛ tsp. stevia extract.
- Variation III: Fruit Yogurt Shake
- Replace the tofu with low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt.
Lisa’s Note: My family and I love these shakes, especially on the weekends for a quick, healthy, and delicious breakfast or for an afternoon pick-me-up! The ingredients are wholesome and healthy, and best of all, the shakes taste great! I use low-fat milk when I make the shakes for my sons. I recommend you use low-fat milk for older children and nonfat milk for adults. However, always check with your doctor about your specific dietary needs.
Calories: 134 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 25g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 57mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 2mg