Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Author: Fat Free Living Super Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America's Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
- 6 large Portobello mushrooms
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp. vegetable broth
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1½ cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cups shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Remove stems from mushroom caps; chop and set aside. Place mushroom caps, smooth side down, in baking dish; pour ⅓ cup vegetable broth over mushrooms. Sprinkle with garlic powder; cover dish with foil and bake 13 to 15 minutes, until tender.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add 1 tablespoon vegetable broth and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is transparent and softened. Add mushroom stems, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat; sir in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and mix well. Divide mixture among mushroom caps. Combine cheeses in plastic bag; shake until mixed. Sprinkle cheese over mushroom caps.
- If not serving immediately, cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate until ready to serve. Preheat broiler on high heat; remove wrap and broil mushrooms until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Calories: 102 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 13g Sodium: 340mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 1mg