Sweet Cartato Bake
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Side Dishes - Carbs
- 8 cups water
- 12-oz. pkg. frozen crinkle-cut carrot slices
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 2 tbsp. nonfat sour cream
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- Pour water into Dutch oven; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add carrots and potatoes to boiling water and cook 8 to 10 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, covered, until carrots and potatoes are softened.
- Drain well; mash carrots and potatoes until smooth.
- Stir in egg substitute, sour cream, onion powder and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in cheese and mix until blended.
- Transfer to casserole; dish can be covered, frozen and baked later (after complete thawing) or baked in preheated 350°F oven 40 to 45 minutes.
Calories: 101 Fat: 0.6g Carbohydrates: 18g Sodium: 332mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 1mg