Tossed Greens with Pasta, Fruit and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Author: Meals Matter Mayo Clinic
Recipe type: Salads
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary or 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 4 ounces Uncooked spiral pasta
- 6 cups Mixed greens
- 2 Large fresh pears, cored and sliced
- ½ cup Sliced water chestnuts
- ½ cup Golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons Roasted unsalted soy nuts
- To make the dressing, add the rosemary, cinnamon, salt, balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl. Whisk thoroughly to blend.
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly and rinse under cold water.
- In large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, mixed greens, pears, water chestnuts and raisins. Whisk the dressing again briefly and add to the salad. Toss to coat evenly. Divide the salad onto individual plates and top with soy nuts. Serve immediately.
Calories: 278 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 43g Sodium: 116mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg